Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Headed West...hopefully soon.

Hi there!

Yeah, I know, it's been nearly forever since my last post, but we'll deal with that later. Suffice to say that things have happened forcing a change of location and perspective, and as such I am once again headed back to Oregon.

Currently I am in a holding pattern in beautiful Cheyenne, Wyoming. The interstates all around me are closed due to extreme winds, and that means that I'm sitting on my hands, itching for calm.

I'm happy to wait, actually. Since the turn of the new year, I've been bombarded by indicators that the best course of action follows this journey home. Weather has been ideal at points when anything less would be treacherous. Solutions to necessities have presented themselves at exactly the right point, freeing my mind to dwell on other, less pivotal, challenges that might lay waiting for me. Don't get me wrong - traveling 1200 winter miles in a 28-year-old vehicle is a terrifying experience. Thankfully I read Grapes of Wrath, so I'm in tune with my jalopy...but it's the faith that I'm doing the right thing which keeps me calmly on the road. No reason to force things if I can trust that I'll be presented with just the options I need for success.

Now it's just about patience. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home